Selling your Naperville home is a major decision - is the time right? With the real estate market going strong, now is a great time to list your home. There are plenty of existing homeowners and first-time home buyers seeking what your home has to offer!
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider selling now while potential buyers are still looking:
1. Ability to make a profit. Although your goal in selling your home may vary by your current situation, homes prices are increasing in value, so that you can stand to walk away with a nice profit if you sell your home now. And if you are looking for a new home at the same time you are selling your existing one, you can snap up a good deal, while making your next home just as good of an investment as the one you are trying to sell.
2. High-tech capabilities for an optimum selling experience. Advances in technology equates to expertly listing your home for sale and attracting buyers. Your agent will be better able to meet your needs and respond to inquiries about your listing while using the latest apps, reporting tools, and gadgets that will make life easier for everyone and help sell your home faster.
3. Fewer homes but more buyers. Because there are only a couple of months until the year-end, there are not all that many weeks left in which to make the investment of purchasing a home count for the 2016 year – which means that while there are fewer homes for sale, there are tons more buyers shopping for their perfect home! Why not let that home be yours?
4. Interest rates are low. Every time interest rates lower, buyers will take notice! After all, no one wants to pay 8% interest on their mortgage when they can take advantage of the existing rate at around 3.5%. In addition, there are also more options for buyers from all price points so that loans are also more attractive to a wider-range of buyers than ever before. That means you can obtain buyers who are purchasing a home for the first time, are move-up buyers, buying a vacation home, OR are buying a an investment property to add to their portfolio. It’s a win-win situation for everyone.
5. Lots of new construction. Not just in Illinois, but all across the nation, 2016 has seen quite the rise in new home construction and renovation. People want different options because their needs are changing, and builders are in-tune with what the public wants. Because of this, more homes on the market have customized features that make them a more lucrative buy. Renovated kitchens. New cabinetry with built-in extras. High-end appliances. Ample outdoor living space. Those are all some of the things people are looking for when they are shopping for a new or first-time home. What does your home have that a potential buyer can’t live without?
Are you selling or buying a home in the Chicagoland area? Teresa Ryan, Managing Broker / Owner of Ryan Hill Realty, can offer you extensive knowledge of the area and will guide you every step of the way! Call 630-276-7575 or email [email protected] today.
If You're Thinking Of Selling...
Get a copy of this free home selling guide to learn about what you need to do to put your home on the market. We hope you find these tips from our REALTORS® informational and useful.